There are many common problems that could affect trees. That is why we provide care and treatment plans to assist property owners keep their trees healthy. Trees have natural defenses against pests and disease. However, stress is the usual culprit for those defenses weakening and allowing illnesses to begin to damage trees. Contact Butler Tree Health by calling 817-882-6499 when you need tree disease treatment in Fort Worth, TX.
Common Pests and Diseases
Are your trees or plants looking unhealthy? Maybe leaves have start to drop from the tree prematurely? There are many signs of illness and infestation, so we’ve included details on some of the issues you might be facing and how we can go about treating them:
- Tree Insects There are several common insects to look out for including wood borers and aphids
- Root Rot Excess moisture in the soil can lead to tree roots beginning to decay or rot because of the lack of oxygen.
- Chlorosis Nutrient loss, specifically iron, can cause a leaves to yellow because there is not enough chlorophyll.
- Fire Blight This bacteria specifically attacks pome fruit trees and causes leaves to look burned at the tips.
- Bacterial Slime Flux Damaged trees are most susceptible to slime flux, a bacteria that infects trees through wounds.
A prevalent issue is mold or fungus that invades tree through some form of injury to the tree. It could be a cut made by a lawnmower or damage caused by wood boring insects. A wound on the trunk or a limb can leave the tree susceptible to many forms of pathogens like these:
- Oak Wilt Oak wilt is a fast spreading fungus that infects many Texas oak trees, including the red oak.
- Hypoxylon Canker This fungus is most likely to invade shade trees that are suffering from drought stress.
- Seiridium Canker The Seiridium unicorne pathogen affects cypress trees that have wounds or have drought stress.
- Brown Rot Brown rot grows in wet, humid conditions. It affects trees with stone fruit such as plums or cherries.
- Anthracnose Tan or brown spots on the leaves is indicative of anthracnose, a fungus that destroys tree leaves.
- Powdery Mildew White, powdery splotches on the leaves of a tree or plant is a sign of the powdery mildew fungus.
- Phytophthora This water-borne fungus is one of the common causes of root rot in trees with improper soil drainage.
- Leaf Spot Leaf spot is a common name used for many types of diseases that affect the health of tree leaves
If one of your trees is damaged or showing signs of stress, contact us today at 817-882-6499 to discuss professional care or options for tree disease treatment in Fort Worth, TX. When dealing with harmful insects, bacteria, or fungus, working with a qualified specialist is the best way to prevent further damage to your trees. Our tree care professionals can work with you to protect healthy trees and nurture sick trees back to health.
Tree Disease Prevention
In most cases, healthy trees are not susceptible to many of these issues. Stress is a common factor for a tree to become weak or sick. A tree can become stressed under certain conditions. It could be that the tree isn’t getting full sunlight, the soil doesn’t contain the nutrients it needs, or drought conditions are preventing it from getting enough water. The longer a tree has to deal with one of these factors, it will become more and more susceptible to disease. Proper watering, soil aeration, and temperatures are all necessary to keep pests and diseases at bay. If there have been reports of infestations or sick trees in your area, there could be treatments available to boost the vitality of your tree to improve their natural defenses. Contact us about treatment plans and the care requirements for the trees or plants on your property.
Certified Tree Specialists
If you need tree disease treatment in Fort Worth, TX, call us today at 817-882-6499 to schedule an appointment with our certified arborist. With advanced training through ISA certification, our arborist has the experience and skills needed to help with everything from general care to specialized treatments for infections or insects.